Monday, November 16, 2009

Why Worry, When You Can Pray!


My daughter, Angeline, just celebrated her 15th birthday last November 8. Some people are asking me, "Are you not worried that your daughter might get married or might get pregnant at an early age?" My answer is this; "Why worry when you can pray?".

Well, I know that she has a boyfriend and I disagree of that but I'd rather pray than be a wicked mother to my kids.

It is my trust in God that keep me from being paranoid. Well, I was that kind of mother that would tell my kids; "Baby, don’t touch that, you might get burn!." or Don’t do that, you might get hurt!". But being overprotective did'nt help me much. Kids just wo'nt listen. They would rather get hurt than not do what they want to do.

Now, I have learned to give my worries to God. Worrying wont help in anyway. Trusting in God's Love give me peace.
Trusting in my kids, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment