Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Mother's Day Story


It was mother's day again. I wasn't expecting anything. I knew it would be just an ordinary day.
I woke up when my alarm rang at around 5 A.M. But I get back to sleep knowing that my kids would be waking up late also. It was the sound of our opening gate that woke me again passed 7 A.M. It was Rey who just arrived home after working in a late night shift.
He walked in with a cake and a bouquet of roses. "Well, it would not be a very ordinary day after all.", so I told myself. He told me that we would be dinning out with the kids. It was not really exciting because going out with kids means preparing them and their things, and it would be stressful. Yet, a mother would always love to see her kids excited to go out and enjoying each other's company.
What's unexpected is when Allen, who had always been a hard-headed little man told me these words. "Mommy, buti na lang ikaw ang naging Mommy ko. Iyong Mama ng kalaro ko nagmumura, iyong iba nag-susugal o kaya umiinom ng alak. Ikaw hindi ka nagmumura, minsan lang pag sobrang salbahe na kami at minsan ka rin lang uminom ng alak, noong bithday mo lang." ("Mommy, It's good that you are my Mommy. My playmate's mother is always saying bad words,the other's mom is always gambling or drinking liquor. You, you barely say bad words, only when we get so bad, and you drunk liquor only once when it was your birthday.") I was really surprised to hear it from Allen, the one always giving me head ache with his bad attitude. Yet , I answered him saying, " Because I'm always thinking of you and your wellfare, that's why I cannot be bad."
Sometimes, we think that the people around us do not appreciate the things we do for them. We really get surprised to know that they do…

No comments:

Post a Comment